Have you ever been alone at home and you found that you were about to die of boredom?
Both parents were either busy or at work, or going out together? Shopping, watching a movie…well, so long as they are doing things together…
If you haven’t, don’t worry, I’m sure you will get plenty of chances like these. These are one of the few chances where you get to express yourself in the way that you like, or at least do something that you’d always wanted to do…(as long as it doesn’t break the law). Basically, it’s quite stereotype as to what kids do when their parents are not at home.
For me, usually I would watch television after I finished my homework and revision whether or not my parents are away, but one particular day last year, changed everything. I fell in love. I fell in love not with a human, not with an animal, but music and a guitar. Yes, I do listen to music but now I listen to it more frequently.
On that day, I was all alone. Only me, my computer and the guitar. I don’t have any musical background at all, except blowing the recorder in primary school. Hence so, I decided to surf the net and to find songs that I can play and learn them. I wasn’t pretty good and only knew how to play “happy birthday” with only one of the six guitar strings. I felt like I was hopeless, like I won’t be able to master the art of stringing a guitar, but on that day, I searched YouTube and found a song that I liked and yet I was able to learn it quite quickly, in around thirty minutes flat, I knew the song by heart and that was snow patrol’s chasing cars. You may or may not have heard about it, but still it is quite a nice song and this song was the first song that I ever learnt how to play.
Up till now, I am still trying to perfect it, although I know the sequence of the song by heart, I still have to know how to transit smoothly from one verse to another without having the need to stop and find what note I need to string next. That is what I call perfect. I am still a beginner and I only know two songs, both of which I haven’t master.
Hence forth, this day where I was alone at home, I did something that I have never done before when I was alone, and that is practice playing the guitar. This day when I was alone at home, I did something that I enjoyed very much and that was learning and playing the guitar, just like my cousin, who is also a beginner like me!


Well,trying to master a song is never easy so don't give up!Nice picture too.
ReplyDeleteLearning a skill like playing guitar is really enviable! Keep going, you never know you can play a recital for the class soon!
ReplyDelete