I was momentarily clueless, I was momentarily trapped, and I was momentarily lost, in the world of darkness……
Troubled was I, but to whom may I ask for help? The answer to that, find out, you will as you read on.
Well, you must be wondering what was bugging me so much. Well, it was the gigantic amount of homework, it was the tons of project that we had to do as a group, it was the preparation of CCA every week, it was the……I figured that if I had to go on, I would have written a novel by just listing down the things that were bugging me so much. So just to conclude: it was the stress of school life in Victoria and the torturous life of being a secondary two Victorian.
Basically, this week was the worst of all, furthermore, I don’t know if you readers agree with me or not, it was only the third week of school and everything was already piling up. Almost all the project, whether or not it is the whole project or just one part of it, had the same dateline, and it was this week! I slept at 12.30am yesterday and I am sure that some of you have slept later than me. But, we all got to do what we all got to do. The homework that was really driving me crazy was not the normal subject worksheets kind, but it was the project. Why, you ask?
The projects include: OPW, Science TfU and most importantly this English blog assignment. Not all the projects were driving me crazy, only one, it was the science. Reason being is that this science project’s dateline was supposed to be today (28-01-10) and the days before that, my group members were all not free, hence, no time to prepare and rehearse as a whole group, plus I took on the liberty of designing the slides, while the rest of my group gave me the information. The only day that we got to rehearse was yesterday (27-01-10), but not all of us were present as J_____had to go for his CCA.
Therefore, from here, you can see my problem; I was troubled about this science project as besides having to worry about this science project, I had many other things on my mind, which I had written it down on my journal. Apparently, when you open my journal, it would be packed with word that when you try reading it, it will make your head go dizzy! Dealing with all this stress, I realised that I had to do something, so I figured that for one hour, I would just slack and watch television, not doing anything else...and....it actually worked! I was feeling less stressful after one hour plus, the additional time was due to procrastination... and was ready for work, my mind was cleared and I was so hyped on ready to finish up the science project. I burned the midnight oil that night and slept at 12 plus, close to 1am. Plus, to top it all, the only mean of communication was through instant messaging on hand phone.
Although this wasn't the most efficient method, this was the only method of communication, although sometimes, this form of communication can fail you...
I could give you one example: yesterday, I sent a message out to three group members and only got one reply. I was totally frustrated and luckily, I manage to stop myself from tearing the pillow into two. It was only when I got to school that I found out the reason why there wasn’t any reply. One of them just didn’t reply to the message, while the other said that he received the message not at ten, but at 3am THE NEXT MORNING! See? This is how frustrating it will get and I am sure that you guys that have a phone have all experienced it. Well, the solution to my problem is not very effective, but it was certainly the light that got rid of the darkness. Reason is that even though the message came late, but as the saying goes: "Better late than Never". The message got through to my group members and they manage to do what I told them to.
Therefore, I can conclude that through this experience, I learnt that we can’t always trust technology. Plus, if you have any problems with coping with stress, you can either do something that you like to relief stress, slack for a while to relief stress or the greatest advice: GO SEE A COUNSELLOR!
Oh and after preparing and burning so much midnight oil the day before, I found out today that the presentation was postponed to next Monday…….( You should know how I felt, I’ll give you a clue: ARGH!)


Hey Zac,
ReplyDeleteTroubled with homework I see...
See my blog for help!
Last week's post.
Hope it helps and good luck! Jia you! :)
Cheers,
Raphael:D